Senior railcards

Please note that not every ticket type is available for every journey that you may wish to make and that some time and train restrictions may apply. To avoid confusion, please check before booking.

When a rail card expires a bus pass can be provided as an alternative to obtaining a new rail card.

You may only ever have either a senior rail card or a concessionary bus pass.

Who can apply 

Check the railcard/bus pass eligibility table [pdf] to find out if you're eligible to apply.

How to apply

You can send us a completed railcard application form [pdf].  

If you'd like us to email you a copy of the application form, please contact us.

For postal applications please return your completed application form, proof of identity and proof of address to: Contact Warrington, New Town House, Buttermarket Street, Warrington, WA1 2NH.  

You can also fill in the application form in person at the Contact Warrington one-stop-shop.  

Filling in the application form 

You must provide:

  • The full, completed application form
  • Proof of residence, e.g. a utility bill (must be no more than three months old) or driving licence
  • Proof of age / identity, e.g. Passport, driving licence, photo card, benefit book, birth certificate. If you're name is different to that on your birth certificate, please provide evidence.

After we've received your form and you've provided proof of residence and/or identification, we'll issue you with a pass code number. If you have an email address you'll be asked to apply online for a senior railcard.

If you don't have an email address you'll need to ring 0345 3000 250 and the ATOC (Association of Train Operating Companies) customer service team will help you complete your application (calls cost 5p per min).

Lost or stolen railcards

If your railcard is lost or stolen, you can apply for a replacement online or call 0345 3000 250 and report the railcard as lost or stolen.  The fee for a replacement is £10.00 payable to ATOC.  Stolen railcards are replaced free of charge if a police crime reference number is provided.