Summary of options considered for officers in approving the application
The following issues and options were considered as part of the determination of the individual applications:
- The applicant has met the requirements of the application process.
- The applicant has complied with the council’s Hackney Carriage and Private Hire licensing policy and guidelines relating to the relevance of convictions.
- Hackney Carriage Vehicles, Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Drivers applications – Licence is issued by virtue of the provisions of the Town Police Clauses Acts 1847 and 1889 and the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.
- Private Hire Vehicles, Private Hire Vehicle Operators and Additionally Conditioned Private Hire Drivers applications and Additionally Conditioned Private Hire Vehicle Operators – Licence is issued by virtue of the provisions of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.
- To return the application in the event that there is insufficient information.
- To approve the application and to issue the licence subject to relevant conditions.
- Refer the application to the Licensing Sub-Committee to consider whether the applicant is a fit and proper person to hold the licence.
- To refuse the application and to advise the applicant of their right of appeal.