Summary of options considered for officers in approving the application
The following issues and options were considered as part of the determination of the individual applications:
- The applicant has met the requirements of the application process.
- The applicant has complied with the council’s Hackney Carriage and Private Hire licensing policy and guidelines relating to the relevance of convictions.
- Hackney Carriage Vehicles, Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Drivers applications – Licence is issued by virtue of the provisions of the Town Police Clauses Acts 1847 and 1889 and the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.
- Private Hire Vehicles, Private Hire Vehicle Operators and Additionally Conditioned Private Hire Drivers applications and Additionally Conditioned Private Hire Vehicle Operators – Licence is issued by virtue of the provisions of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.
- To return the application in the event that there is insufficient information.
- To approve the application and to issue the licence subject to relevant conditions.
- Refer the application to the Licensing Sub-Committee to consider whether the applicant is a fit and proper person to hold the licence.
- To refuse the application and to advise the applicant of their right of appeal.
You can view the decision record (agenda and minutes) for all applications that have been referred to the Taxi Licensing Committee in previous years.