Starting a food business
Get the best advice right here:
- Starting up - advice from Foods Standards Agency
- Starting up [pdf] - a handy booklet from Food Standards Agency
- Registration [pdf]
- Food safety management system [pdf]
- Training [pdf]
- Statutory nuisance [pdf]
- Premises structure [pdf]
For new and existing businesses, you have the option of an advisory visit to help you comply.
Achieve and succeed
Achieve and succeed is a new training package we've put together to give you the best advice on how to achieve a 5* food hygiene rating. This is for new and existing businesses alike, giving you the knowledge you need to make sure the food you serve is safe.
We'll cover the following:
- Handling food hygienically – preparing, cooking, re-heating, cooling and storing
- The condition of the structure of the buildings - cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and facilities such as wash hand basins
- Confidence in Management - how the business manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe.
The cost is £35 per delegate and will normally last for around 3 hours, so if you think this course could benefit your business then check on our next available course now!