Local plan review - supporting documents
In preparing the Preferred Development Option Document we’ve prepared area profiles for the different parts of the main urban areas of Warrington (central, north, south, east and west) and for each of the outlying settlements. These profiles provide a detailed assessment of the capacity of local schools, health facilities, open space, leisure facilities, community facilities and the transport network.
The area profiles have been important in helping us to consider options for where development could go. We've prepared a note which explains how we have carried out our options assessment process. This also includes the options assessment tables.
We've looked at the number of homes that Warrington needs to provide over the next 20 years and provided a response to comments on housing needs made during our initial consultation last year.
- Mid Mersey Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA) Update - Warrington Addendum [pdf]
- Warrington Local Plan - Review of Representations on Objectively Assessed Need (OAN) [pdf]
- Mid Mersey Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA) - January 2016 [pdf]
- Mid Mersey Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA) Addendum - October 2016 [pdf]
We have previously looked at how much employment land we need over the next 20 years.
We've updated our assessment of future housing sites and used this to consider the capacity of the existing urban area for new development.
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) 2017 [pdf]
- Urban Capacity Statement Update 2017 [pdf]
We've carried out an initial assessment of the sites submitted by developers next to the main Warrington urban area as well as possible sites for Gypsy and Travellers.
- Site Assessment Proformas - North Warrington [pdf]
- Site Assessment Proformas - South Warrington [pdf]
- Site Assessment Proformas - Central Warrington [pdf]
- Site Assessment Proformas - West Warrington [pdf]
- Site Assessment Proformas - East Warrington [pdf]
- Site Assessment Proformas - Gypsy & Traveller Sites [pdf]
We've carried out a Sustainability Appraisal of the Preferred Development Option to look in more detail at the possible impacts on Warrington and its environment. This also includes a sustainability assessment of all of the sites submitted by developers next to the main urban area. We've also considered possible impacts on equalities issues.
- Warrington Interim Sustainability Appraisal Report [pdf]
- Technical Appendix A [pdf]
- Equalities Impact Assessment [pdf]
We've undertaken an assessment of each site submitted by developers in terms of how important the site is for Warrington’s green belt. We've also responded to comments made to our Green Belt Assessment Report that we prepared for our initial consultation last year.
- Green Belt Assessment - Addendum following Regulation 18 Consultation [pdf]
- Green Belt Assessment - Additional Site Assessments [pdf]
- Green Belt Assessment - Original Report October 2016 [pdf]
- Green Belt Assessment - Original Report October 2016 - Appendix F [pdf]
For each of the main areas of growth set out in the Preferred Development Option we've carried out some additional work to confirm that the preferred development areas are able to accommodate the level of growth required and to provide additional detail relating to infrastructure requirements, constraints and important development principles.
- Garden City Suburb - Development Concept [pdf]
- South West Warrington Urban Extension - Development Concept [pdf]
- City Centre / Waterfront Masterplan:
- Masterplan - Key Plan [pdf]
- Masterplan - Overall Phasing [jpeg]
- Masterplan - Overall Land Use [jpeg]
- Masterplan - Trajectory Datasheet [pdf]
- Character Area - Arpley Road / Bank Quay / WWDA North East [pdf]
- Character Area - Bridge St Quarter / Wharf Street / St Mary's / St Elphins / Cockhedge / Thorneycroft [pdf]
- Character Area - Cabinet Works [pdf]
- Character Area - Centre Park South [pdf]
- Character Area - Southern Gateway [pdf]
- Character Area - Stadium Quarter [pdf]
- Character Area - WWDA East [pdf]
- Character Area - WWDA Forrest Way [pdf]
- Character Area - WWDA North [pdf]
- Character Area - WWDA South [pdf]
- Character Area - WWDA West [pdf
We've carried out a basic assessment of the scale of contribution we might be able to secure from new development to contribute towards providing new and improved infrastructure .
We've undertaken an initial overview transport in Warrington to identify existing problems and opportunities for improvement.
We've looked at the location of important minerals across the borough and also carried out an assessment of how the borough deals with is waste.
- Minerals Resource Study and Policy Review 2017 [pdf]
- Waste Study and Policy Review 2017 [pdf]
- Waste Arisings and Capacity Requirements Report 2017 [pdf]
We've been working with the Cheshire and Warrington Local Enterprise Partnership in the review of their Strategic Economic Plan. This has included a review of the likely number of jobs that could come to Warrington over the period to 2040.