On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
Introduction to the Hair & Beauty Sector Level 1: Hair Route
Length of course: 72 Guided Learning Hours
Exam Board: City & Guilds
By the end of the course you will:
- Know the different job roles and career paths in the hair and beauty sector
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within hair and beauty
- The difference between the hair industry and the beauty industry
- Have researched your chosen profession in detail
- Completed written portfolio and theory work in line with the course content, highlighted below
The course will cover a mixture of practical, theory and graded portfolio work. We will look at topics such as professional image, including; appearance, hygiene, body language, professional conduct, language and tone and working with others. You will learn valuable practical skills including; Hair styling such as- single, French, Dutch, fishtail and twist plaiting.
We will also cover the career paths available to you and you will be given career support and guidance so you can take the next step on your path.
You could follow up this course by doing:
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Hair and Beauty
- Level 2 in Hair and Beauty
Get in touch