The post holder is required to carry out the duties of a Assistant Head teacher in accordance with the provisions of the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and within the range of teachers duties set out in that document.
- To assist the Head teacher and Deputy Head teacher to lead and manage the school
- To further the aims of the school and support the Head teacher and Deputy Head teacher in ensuring the vision of the school is communicated and carried out
- To take responsibility for a core subject area and a key stage
- To have a teaching responsibility.
Responsibilities and Role
Leadership and Management
- Implement areas of development as identified in the School Improvement plan
- Provide feedback to SLT, Governors and Diocese
- Carry out appraisal of staff within a key stage
- Be a positive role model and promote the school ethos and vision
- Make a significant contribution to strategic development of the school
- Take a lead role in monitoring and evaluating the curriculum and teaching and learning across the school
- Contribute to whole school aims, policies and practices
- Ensure that the school complies with relevant legislation
- Lead CPD and INSET where appropriate
- Share responsibilities for collective worship
- Attend SLT meetings and make a positive contribution
- Deputise for the Deputy Head teacher when appropriate
- Act as a lead learner, providing coaching and mentoring for staff to improve their teaching and learning
- To co-ordinate and manage a curriculum subject across the whole school
- To lead and manage a key stage
- Communicate effectively with all staff
Quality of teaching
- Bring any concerns to the head teacher or deputy head teacher
- Contribute to the monitoring of planning and assessment
- Maintain an overview of standards and progress across the school
- Be a role model providing the highest standards of teaching and learning for pupils.
- To have a teaching commitment of 4 days per week reviewed annually
Achievement of pupils
- Evaluate and analyse data to identify barriers to learning and suggest ways to address these
- Monitor the progress of pupils throughout the year, identifying gaps and any underachievement with a focus on lead subject area
- To have responsibility with the Head teacher and Deputy head teacher for leading and managing all staff and acting as a role model to ensure the highest standards are delivered at all times
- To ensure appropriate opportunities for induction and to work with the Head teacher to ensure opportunities for continuing professional development are in place and are linked to staff appraisals
- To support staff working with pupils who have challenging behaviour through behaviour meetings, the formulation and evaluation of behaviour plans and monitoring of the school behaviour policy and procedures.
- To work with the Headteacher to ensure individual staff accountabilities are clearly defined, understood and agreed and are subject to rigorous review and evaluation
- To acknowledge, share and promote excellence and develop effective team working.
- To be a Christian role model
- To have responsibility with the Head teacher and Deputy Head teacher for the discipline, behaviour and welfare of all pupils.
- To promote as safe learning environment for all pupils which follows school policies and procedures and ensure statutory regulations are followed
- To support pupils by ensuring that the needs and priorities for individuals are widely disseminated.
- To share with the Head teacher and Deputy head teacher, responsibility for providing guidance, advice, counselling and support to parents and carers in the school.
- To lead and be responsible for the development of partnership working with other schools and develop outreach, in-reach and inclusion opportunities.
- To attend meetings of the Governing Body.
- To develop links with the LA, Diocese and the wider community.
- To attend meetings across the Trust and work collaboratively with other schools.
- To take a full and active part in professional development activities.
- To regularly attend any relevant training and development activities both within and outside school.
- To meet deadlines set by the Head teacher, Deputy head teacher and Governors to ensure the efficient running of the school
- To keep up to date with the requirements of the DfE, Diocese and LA
Any other duties as required by and in consultation with the Head teacher. This job description is to be reviewed annually and may be amended following consultation between the Head teacher and the post holder.
Closing Date: 29/1/2021
Short listing: 02/02/2021
Observations: 3rd and 4th Feb 2021