Cleaner - part time, term time - Cardinal Newman Catholic High School
We are seeking to recruit a Cleaner to our team. Monday to Friday, 10 hours per week, 3.00pm to 5.00pm OR 6.00am to 8.00am (term time only) plus 3 weeks to be worked as clean off time in the school holidays. School holidays clean off hours will be split between Easter, Summer, February and October half term holidays.
As part of the role your duties will include:
- Cleaning of the school site
- Vacuuming carpeted areas and washing floors
- Sweeping uncarpeted areas
- Emptying and cleaning bins
- Spot cleaning of spillages
- Cleaning desks, seats and skirting boards
- Cleaning toilet areas and replenishing toiletries
- Cleaning doors and windows
- Checking stock levels of cleaning materials
- Reporting all defects/hazards immediately to the caretaker or supervisor
- reasonable level of fitness in line with duties
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- A flexible approach to meet requirement of the school
- Able to manage time effectively
- Ability to work both alone and in a team
- Awareness of health and safety procedures
- Reading skills for following instructions
- Basic maths skills for measuring cleaning fluids
How to apply
We are a friendly and highly motivated school and if you are interested in joining our team, an application form can be downloaded from the school website https://www.cardinal-newman.org.uk/vacancies.php or you can request an application form by emailing the school at email@example.com. Applications are returnable to the school clearly marked for the attention of Mrs S Byford, Business Manager.
Closing Date: Monday 31 January 2022.
Cardinal Newman Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. Enhanced DSB clearance will be required.