Deputy Headteacher and SENDCo - St Benedict's Catholic Primary School
Deputy Headteacher and SENDCo
The Headteacher and Governors at St Benedict’s Catholic Primary School are looking to appoint a hard-working, ambitious and inspirational leader whose own vision and faith will support our school’s mission in providing an excellent Catholic Education. We believe that In the light of Jesus, we learn to shine.
Our ultimate aim is to:-
- Live the Gospel values of faith, love, forgiveness and care in our lives.
- Challenge and encourage all to become creative, resilient and independent lifelong learners using a rich vocabulary.
- Work with our community to prepare for our future by following the values and teaching of Jesus.
The school’s website provides a substantial level of information and detail of the work that goes on in the school.
The school is looking for a Deputy Headteacher who can build on our many strengths but also help us to continue our journey in improving the quality of education for all our present and future children.
As a role model of outstanding teaching, this new leader should be committed to improving, not only their own practice, but also the practice of those around them. They should have a proven track record of raising attainment for all learners including those who have SEND, or are disadvantaged.
We would like someone who:
- Is a practising Catholic with a deep commitment to Catholic education, who fully supports the Catholic
- Identity and has a desire to live out and share the faith through work.
- Values all children as individuals and ensures that all children are confident and able to maximise their full potential
- Can fully embed the principles of safeguarding.
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner, enjoys teaching and is keen to teach.
- Welcomes inclusion within the school and understands the wide variety of needs of children, and is
- Dedicated to supporting children to overcome barriers to learning.
- Is able to communicate and work cooperatively with external agencies, teaching staff, parents and children to coordinate effective provision for children with SEND
- To coordinate effective provision for children with SEND.
- Has the vision, passion and motivation to respond to changes in primary education, can continually raise standards and expectations in our school and share the vision of the senior leadership team and governors.
- Can model and instil a culture of excellence among staff and children alike.
- Is aspiring to be a Headteacher in the future.
- Is an innovator who encourages, enthuses and motivates the school community through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Holds, or is working towards achieving the NPQH.
- Holds or is working towards/prepared to undertake the National Award for SENCo Qualification.
We can offer the right candidate:
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from, a knowledgeable Headteacher with over 20 years’ experience as a Headteacher/Principal in three very diverse settings and locations with very different needs.
- A successful and happy school with a strong sense of community spirit and Catholic ethos, where all are valued and welcomed.
- A school which has confident, well-behaved children, who love learning and are a privilege to be with.
- The opportunity to make a significant difference to the lives of our children and the community we serve.
- A pleasant working environment with caring and experienced staff.
- A positive and open partnership with parents/carers.
- A Governing Body who are supportive of the school’s desire to attain the highest standard in all areas.
- The successful candidate a much reduced teaching responsibility which will allow them to drive forward school improvement priorities, including the leadership and management of SEND.
Closing date: 30 September 2021
St Benedict’s Catholic Primary School is committed to the protection and safety of our children therefore robust pre-employment checks (including a DBS check) will be completed.