Exams Manager (Maternity Cover) - Lymm High School
Bin strikes are taking place until 24 December.
A fifth period of strike action is taking place from Tuesday 5 December to Sunday 24 December.
We are sorry about the continued disruption for our residents and businesses.
Lymm High School is a large, high performing, secondary school with exceptional resources including a swimming pool, leisure complex and residential centre in Anglesey.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced exams manager to cover a period of maternity leave, starting as soon as possible to allow for a detailed handover. The contract is temporary will be for a minimum of 1 year in length. The successful candidate will be required to be in school for exam results and download days for both GCSE and A Level exams in August 2024.
The successful candidate will:
- Be the front-line interface between all staff, parents and students for the smooth running and administration of all examinations.
- Required to ensure all day-to-day organisation of the examination board requirements are fully complied with
- Be responsible for a considerable range of examinations with a subsequent complex timetable
- Line manage the exams officer, who will provide support to this role
What we require:
- Previous experience in a similar role within an educational setting is essential
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of SIMS
- Good understanding of the school exam process
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills ( GCSE Grade C or above or equivalent)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB).
At Lymm High School we recognise the positive value of diversity, promoting equality and celebrating inclusion. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Applications are returnable to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29th September 2023
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Term: Temporary – minimum of 1 year fixed term
Hours of Duty: 37 hours per week term time only plus 2 weeks