National lockdown: please stay at home
Head teacher - Our Lady's Catholic Primary School
HEADTEACHER Group 2 - Preferred start: Easter 2021
‘Pupils are well-mannered and welcoming to visitors. They behave well in class and around the school… Pupils have positive attitudes to learning, as can be seen in their attentiveness in class and the care they take with their work.’ - Neil Dixon, HMI February 2019
The Governing Body of Our Lady’s Catholic Primary School is seeking to appoint a truly outstanding leader to drive forward standards so pupils achieve the best possible outcomes. The ideal candidate will be someone who has superb interpersonal skills, the ability to bring people together to work as a cohesive team and strikes the right balance between providing support and challenge. We welcome applications from practising Catholics who are either a current Headteacher looking for the next challenge or an experienced Senior Leader ready to take the next step into Headship
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to strategic thinking and planning that builds, communicates and carries forward a coherent and shared vision for the Catholic ethos of the school
- Evidence of recent and successful leadership as a headteacher, deputy headteacher or assistant headteacher
- Have experience of guiding, coaching, mentoring or training individuals or teams
- Be skilled in providing professional challenge and support to others
- Displays a relentless commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Demonstrate they have the ability to develop further the strong links between our school, parish,Diocese and Local Authority
We can offer you:
- A staff team who engage well with the Our Lady’s school improvement journey
- A wealth of support from leading practitioners to develop the quality of education
- Happy, well-behaved and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning
- An experienced and skilled governing body
- Good opportunities for professional development
How to apply
Please visit our website at www.ourladys-primary.co.uk to download the application form and to view the recruitment documentation.
Completed applications should be emailed to Karen Banister, Office Manager
Visits to the school are warmly welcome and encouraged on the afternoons of 5th and 7th January 2021. Please contact Sacha Humphries, Chair of Governors, to arrange a convenient time firstname.lastname@example.org).
Only applications received on the CES application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 18th January 2021
Shortlisting: Tuesday 19th January 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 25th January 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young
people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Further details can be found at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service.
This position is subject to a disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Warrington Borough Council as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. Warrington Borough Council is an equal opportunities employer.