Head Teacher - St. Monica’s Catholic Primary School
Required for Easter 2022 or as soon after
Salary: Leadership Pay Range L15 - L21
St Monica’s Catholic Primary school is a single form entry school with approx. 200 children on roll ranging from 4-11. Our ethos is Christ centred with the aim of helping our children to deepen their faith and grow in the love of God. We are seeking to appoint a practising Catholic who shares our values and is committed to ensuring that all our children achieve their full potential.
Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governing Body wish to appoint a passionate, committed and approachable individual. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and dynamic leader, who is willing to challenge, lead and inspire our dedicated staff, enthusiastic children and supportive parents. They will ensure consistently excellent learning opportunities for all our pupils, promote the school in the community, and embody our Mission “Loving to learn, learning to love like Jesus”
We are looking for a practising Catholic who:
- Is committed to education steeped in Christian values and beliefs and is able to engage with the Catholic community, locally and beyond
- Is a leader with excellent communication skills
- Is passionate about education and the difference it makes to children’s lives
- Puts the safety and well-being of the children at the heart of all they do
- Has the strategic vision to move our school from strength to strength
- Models the high achievement and exemplary behaviour we expect from our staff and children
- Is enthused to work within an inclusive environment, which provides a broad and rich curriculum for every pupil
- Is a clear thinker able to plan ahead and delegate appropriately; yet is not afraid to be hands on
In return we can offer you:
- A welcoming community of enthusiastic and friendly children, who are keen to learn
- The opportunity to lead a team of experienced, dedicated, hardworking and friendly staff
- A Governing Body and parents who are committed and will support the school
- A vibrant and encouraging environment for learning that is underpinned by a strong Catholic ethos
- A commitment to supporting ongoing professional development that will benefit the whole school
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. References will be required, and the appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
How to apply
The application form and further details are available on the school website https://www.stmonicasprimary.co.uk/ under Our School/Vacancies. Completed forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be appointed by the Governors on a CES Contract.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Twiss in the school office via e mail email@example.com or on 01925 267609.
Closing date for applications: 6 December 2021 (10am)
Shortlisting meeting: 6 December 2021
Interview date: 10 December 2021
St Monica’s Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.