Headteacher - The Cobbs Infant and Nursery School
The children, staff and governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational Headteacher to lead our highly regarded infant and nursery school.
We are looking for an ambitious leader who will uphold our valued ethos, ensuring all our children can achieve their emotional, spiritual and academic potential.
Making best use of its extensive grounds and specialising in early years education, the school offers its pupils a unique start in life. The Cobbs comprises a large nursery provision for children from age 2 to age 4 and a three form entry infant school.
Set in a popular and expanding residential area, our child friendly school is well supported by Governors who are regularly involved in school life. The new Headteacher will build on our successes to date and lead the school on our journey to deliver the very best education for young children.
The person we would like to appoint will have:
- a passion for child centred, early years education
- a commitment to excellence in all aspects of school life
- the courage, confidence and energy to push the school to achieve goals
- a commitment to nurture a school community which celebrates diversity, promotes mutual respect and absolutely safeguards welfare
- excellent interpersonal skills with the vision and enthusiasm to motivate and inspire children, staff, governors, parents and the wider community
- the ability to give clear direction with passion, perseverance and patience
- the ability to leverage wider networks to support development and horizon scanning
- a good sense of humour
- time for every person in need
In return we can offer:
- A very successful school with a strong ethos and values that respects the individuality of all our pupils and staff
- Happy, caring and enthusiastic children who achieve high standards
- A dedicated team of experienced, supportive, professional staff who are devoted to excellence
- Governors who are proactive and strongly committed to working in partnership with the school
- A positive relationship with parents and well-established links with the Junior School and the community
- A popular, caring school in the heart of the community
Visits to school
An informal visit to the school is encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school Business Manager, Mrs Kathy Bianchi on 01925 264616 or email email@example.com to discover more about this exciting opportunity and arrange an appointment.
Our intention is to appoint up to the midrange of the stated salary range; however, for exceptional candidates we would consider going beyond this.
Required start date: 19 April 2022 (or earlier)
How to apply
An application pack is available to download to the right of this advert. Completed application forms are to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date:15 November 2021
Shortlisting:22 November 2021
Interviews:1 and 2 December 2021
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.