There are a number of vacancies in the Council’s School Meals Service for Kitchen Assistants in Warrington’s Primary Schools.
The successful candidate will work in a busy kitchen producing around 100 - 200 meals a day. You will require:
- Good team working skills
- Enthusiasm and good time management skills
- Experience of undertaking basic food preparation
- A current food hygiene certificate.
Duties will include assisting the team in the preparation, cooking and service of school dinners; undertaking general duties such as setting up, cleaning of equipment and washing up; and taking receipt of deliveries.
What we can offer you access to:
- A comprehensive induction process.
- Great training and progression opportunities.
- Employee benefits and staff discounts with leading retailers through the Council’s Warrington Rewards Scheme.
- The Cycle2Work Scheme offering tax-free bicycles through the salary sacrifice scheme.
- An attractive pension scheme.
For a discussion or to submit an expression of interest please contact the School Meals Management Team:
SchoolMealsManagement@warrington.gov.uk Tel: 01925 443082
- Term time only – hours vary depending on school kitchen and number of meals served.
- Permanent posts.
DBS clearance is required.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Warrington Borough Council is a Disability Confident employer