There are a number of vacancies in the Council’s School Meals Service for Catering Supervisors in Warrington’s Primary Schools.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a lunchtime service catering for approximately 100 - 200 meals a day within a set budget. You will require:
- Good organisational and communication skills
- A proven track record of large scale catering (preferably in an education environment)
- The ability to manage a team of kitchen assistants.
- City & Guilds 705, 706/1 & 2 or equivalent NVQ and a current food hygiene certificate.
Duties will include ordering food; preparing, cooking and serving healthy meals using fresh ingredients; the supervision of staff and service-related administration and record keeping in line with the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Term time only – hours will vary depending on school kitchen and number of meals served.
- Permanent roles.
- DBS clearance is required.
- The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- Warrington Borough Council is a Disability Confident employer.
What we can offer
- A comprehensive induction process.
- Great training and progression opportunities.
- Employee benefits and staff discounts with leading retailers through the Council’s Warrington Rewards Scheme.
- The Cycle2Work Scheme offering tax-free bicycles through the salary sacrifice scheme.
- An attractive pension scheme.
For a discussion or to submit an expression of interest please contact the School Meals Management Team, email SchoolMealsManagement@warrington.gov.uk or call 01925 443082