KS2 Class Teacher – SEMH (Designated Provision) - Oakwood Avenue Primary School
Bin strikes are taking place until 24 December.
A fifth period of strike action is taking place from Tuesday 5 December to Sunday 24 December.
We are sorry about the continued disruption for our residents and businesses.
We have an exciting opportunity for a KS2 Class Teacher to join our Designated Provision for Children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties (SEMH) at Oakwood Avenue Community Primary School.
We aim to make a difference to the education and life chances of the vulnerable children in our care.
Are you an inspiring teacher who can engage and build positive relationships with challenging children? Do you want a change of direction? Or are you looking for an exciting career development opportunity? We are looking for a dynamic and imaginative teacher to deliver exhilarating lessons to our primary pupils. You will promote high standards of attendance, behaviour and learning and have the ability to engage with children’s social and emotional needs to overcome their barriers to learning.
You will have:
- Qualified teacher status
- Proven record of effective classroom management with children
- Experience of the curriculum and expectations in KS1 and KS2
- Experience of working with primary aged children with social, emotional and behavioural needs
- An organisation with a clear moral purpose to change young people’s lives
- Support and guidance from our experienced Assistant Head/SENCO who leads the DPs and the experienced and established team
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
- Small class sizes
- Strong community spirit
- Staff who are supportive towards each other
- Excellent teaching assistants and pastoral support.
Further details including person specification, job description and application form are available from the school website, or by request to email@example.com. Completed application forms can be handed in or emailed to school.
An informal visit to the school is highly recommended and can be made for Tuesday 26th September at 3.30pm by prior arrangement. Please email Jenny Parry if you wish to visit
Oakwood Avenue Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointments are subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Fixed term contract (maternity cover)
This post is not available for job share.
Required: 6th November 2023 to end of the summer term (maternity cover)
Full-time contract: Band 1 to Band 3 subject to experience).
Deadline for application: Monday 2nd October at 5pm
Short listing: Tuesday 3rd October
Interview Date: Friday 6th October