You may need to contact the council and use services differently as part of our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please visit our Coronavirus in Warrington pages to find out which services are affected.
KS2 Teacher (Fixed Term, 0.6 FTE) - Locking Stumps Community Primary School
POTENTIALLY FROM SEPTEMBER 2020 but the start date will be confirmed (Due to the current Pandemic)
Working Days: To be confirmed
Tel: 01925 819076
Fax: 01925 838863
Locking Stumps Community Primary School
Head teacher – Mr. Jamie Vermiglio
FIXED TERM, PART TIME (0.6 FTE) KS2 TEACHER REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
This role will be linked to a project associated with a foundation subject
Our school is seeking to appoint a creative, passionate and inspiring teacher to work predominantly in Key Stage 2. The role will involve 3 Days of class based teaching. The teacher will also have responsibility within our school improvement team to work on a project associated with improving the standards within a foundation subject. We require a teacher who has a keen interest in many subjects but who can drive one particular subject through our curriculum.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- strong subject knowledge, particularly in English and Maths
- an interest in a particular foundation subject
- an ability to work effectively and contribute positively in a very collaborative team environment;
- the delivery of excellent teaching and learning; with capacity to improve
- establishment and maintenance of excellent classroom management and rapport with children
- the ability to foster positive relationships with children, parents, staff and governors;
- a commitment to maintaining high standards and expectations for all;
- the ability to be flexible to the needs of the school
- an intrinsic motivation to want to improve standards and offer experiences for our school
- a willingness to display an ‘above and beyond’ attitude
We can offer the successful candidate:
- a warm and welcoming school with fantastic children!
- a senior leadership team who care about the personal development of staff
- a rich and varied curriculum which has been and is continuing to be developed
- an inviting environment to teach where relationships are very strong
- a supportive staff, parents and Governing Body
- good opportunities to develop professionally
Locking Stumps School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its children and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Application forms, Job Specification and further details are available from the school website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are unfortunately not going to be able to take place. However, we strongly recommend that you visit our website, watch our videos scan our Twitter account.
References will be required and the appointment will be made subject to a DBS check.
Shortlisting: Tuesday 26th May 2020
Teaching episode: Monday 1st June 2020 (you will be invited to create a teaching episode using technology. More information will be provided to successful applicants).
Interview Date: (subject to successful teaching episode) Tuesday 2nd June 2020 (likely to be a video call)
Warrington Borough Council & Locking Stumps Community Primary School as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. Warrington Borough Council is an equal opportunities employer.