You may need to contact the council and use services differently as part of our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please visit our Coronavirus in Warrington pages to find out which services are affected.
Level 2 Teaching Assistants X 4 - St. Elphin's(Fairfield) CE VA Primary School
Headteacher: Mrs A Bennett
Level 2 Teaching Assistants: Start Date: September 2020 onwards dependent on Government advice
We have 4 positions available:
Role 1: Full Time linked to a named pupil and will remain for the time that this child is in school
Role 2: Full Time linked to a named pupil and will remain for the time that this child is in school
Role 3: Full Time maternity leave cover until July 2021 or when the post holder returns (whichever is sooner).
Role 4: Full Time maternity leave cover until July 2021 or when the post holder returns (whichever is sooner).
Our school community seeks an enthusiastic and motivated individual to offer effective support for teaching and learning opportunities, under the guidance of teaching staff and SENCo.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be qualified to NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistants (or equivalent)
- Have relevant, recent experience within the primary age range
- Experience of working 1:1 with a pupil with SEN needs is essential
- Engage and support children in their learning through a variety of strategies, adjusting activities for the pupil they are working with to support learning styles and individual needs
- Feedback to teaching staff regarding progress and outcomes
- Have the ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Have a positive approach to managing behaviour
- Develop positive relationships with children, staff and parents to promote the progress and attainment of children
- The successful candidate will be expected to actively uphold the Christian ethos of the school
We can offer:
- A position within a supportive, creative and dedicated staff team who are committed to excellence across all areas
- Friendly, well-behaved children with a positive attitude to learning
The successful applicant will be required to apply for enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For an application pack please e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state which role you are interested in.
Closing date: Wednesday 8th July 2020 12 noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday 8th July 2020 1pm
Interview: Interviews will take place remotely via Skype or Microsoft Teams on Monday 13th July 2020
(and Tuesday 14th July) if required. Further details will be provided as appropriate. Please indicate within the supporting statement of your application that, if shortlisted and invited to interview, you agree to being interviewed via this medium.