Qualified Teacher of Visually Impaired - Warrington
We are looking to appoint a qualified teacher of the visually impaired, QTVI, to join our Sensory Support team which includes teachers of the visually impaired and teachers of the deaf.
We provide a peripatetic service to children and young people with sensory impairments across a range of settings within the Warrington Local Authority.
Candidates will be passionate about teaching children and young people with visual impairment across the age range (0-19) and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A qualification as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired, QTVI
- A commitment to working in partnership with parents and other professionals
- The ability to manage a caseload of children and young people with visual impairment, many of whom have additional needs
- To have experience in working with children and young people who have visual impairment and additional complex learning, physical, communication, social and emotional needs.
- The ability to communicate information clearly and compassionately
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- An awareness of recent changes to SEND legislation
- Excellent inter-personal and organisational skills
- Proficiency in oral and written English
Permanent, 0.8 FTE
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 06.10.2022
Warrington aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all and is committed to safer recruitment.
How to apply
Please read the job description and person specification and complete an application form
Forms should be emailed FOA Mr McArdle - QTVI post to: email@example.com
To arrange an informal discussion about the post please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be in contact.