School Business Manager - Omega Multi Academy
Bin strikes are taking place until 24 December.
A fifth period of strike action is taking place from Tuesday 5 December to Sunday 24 December.
We are sorry about the continued disruption for our residents and businesses.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a developing multi-academy trust of six schools. Omega Multi-Academy Trust’s strategic objectives focus on providing the best possible school experience for every child and aims to be the best employer possible. The role will be based at the central office in Warrington, however the ability to travel to individual schools is a necessity.
The role of the School Business Manager is to be responsible for the Premises management, Financial Management and Compliance across one or more schools within the Trust, under the direction of the Chief Finance and Operations Officer.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of one or more schools within the Trust.
- To work closely with the Chief Finance & Operations Officer to ensure that the Trust effectively delivers on its strategic financial plans.
- To ensure that the school/schools they are responsible for make the best possible use of resources through effective planning, considering all financial and other resource management implications.
- To ensure that resources are managed effectively, ethically, professionally, with integrity, conforming to all internal and external regulatory requirements in a sustainable, timely and professionally sound manner according to identified best practice.
- To assist the Chief Finance & Operations Officer in formulating the Trust’s future direction and supporting strategic initiatives.
- To actively contribute to the development of quality improvement programmes across the Trust
- To monitor and develop business plans in conjunction with the Chief Finance & Operations Officer.
- To contribute to the ethos, development and success of the Omega Multi-Academy Trust.
- To implement and follow operational best practices.
This post is subject to Disclosure. The details contained within this job description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. However, it is inevitable that over time, the ;nature of the job may change. Existing duties may no longer be required, and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Consequently, Omega Multi-Academy Trust will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult the post holder at the appropriate time.
To download the Application Pack and complete the Application Form, please visit our website
Application forms must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Based at: Central office in Warrington (with potential to support other schools within the Trust as required)
Salary: Grade 9, pt33 £39,493 to pt37 £43,516 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week, full-time, all year round
Holidays: 26 days holiday + bank holidays
Start date: As soon as possible
Accountable to: Chief Finance and Operations Officer
Closing date: 29 September 2023 9am