Social Worker - Children in Care - Permanent, 37 hours per week
We are recruiting for the post of fulltime permanent social worker within the Children in Care Teams.
We have a strong vision for social work practice in Warrington and are developing a new approach to social work. We are currently embedding a relationship based practice model that has systemic practice at its core. We are working alongside the Centre for Systemic Social Work, who are providing a comprehensive training programme to social workers and managers across our teams.
We have three Children in Care teams, each team has Team manager who is eager to support and develop all social workers alongside the senior practitioner. Our teams support children and young people who are subject to care orders and for whom we share PR who live within foster placements, residential care and also with members of their extended family. We recognise that the role can be challenging and we have a range of exciting and impactful developments in Warrington that our social workers can utilise in supporting families, including:
- No wrong door – a multi-agency hub where young people at risk of going into care get targeted support to cope with the multiple issues they face;
- Families first (which includes Family Group Conference Co-ordinators, PAMS assessors and family support workers);
- A family time service (to assist in arranging and supervising the time that our children in care spend with their families);
- Restore - a service designed to work with Mothers who are pregnant and have children previously moved, with the aim of reducing repeat removals;
- Administrative team – the team are able to assist with taking minutes of meetings, scanning documents onto the system and other administrative tasks
In Warrington we want all children and families to benefit from high quality and purposeful relationships with professionals. We believe this will help create the best opportunities for people to change and reach their full potential. We also believe one of the most effective ways to improve the outcomes for children and families is through providing our social workers with the best conditions in which they can thrive.
Here in Warrington we are proud to be graded Good in all areas in our 2019 Ofsted inspection. Which says;-
“Most social workers are permanent and experienced employees. This is complemented by a continuous supply of both recently qualified and qualifying social workers, who unanimously endorse the high standard of support and early career development provided by the local authority. Social workers’ morale across the service is high, and they are realising the benefits of smaller teams, continuous allocation to children, manageable caseloads and the considerable investment in their training and development. Social workers also appreciate the importance given to their emotional well-being and welfare through regular ‘check-ins’."
Any enquiries please contact Sandra Siwoku Team Manager on 01925 444298 or 07890560655.
DBS clearance is required.
Warrington Borough Council is a Disability Confident employer