Warrington Borough Council have an exciting opportunity to join of a team supporting Adult & Parent Carers within Warrington, also being part of developing and shaping Carers support Services across the town.
The team currently has 5 members this position is for a fixed term (24 hours per week) until 1st April 2023 to cover maternity leave. Qualifications and experience of Social Care would be ideal as will be completing statutory assessments of needs.
. Completing Carers Assessments
· Undertaking duty functions/tasks including screening and prioritising new referrals
· Responding to immediate situations as appropriate
· Providing advice, guidance to internal and external partners
· Interacting, contacting carers who approach the team for support including advice and guidance, signposting, direct support
· Contribute to aspects of the team, service which focus on review, structure, development and improvement so can ensure the service reaches the best it can be in supporting carers as a vital part of the social care system
What you can bring: ·
Enthusiastic, hard working person, has an approach to work which understands the need to have good moral, values base, supportive to team members ·
A person who is able to work independently but also understands the importance of team work ·
Has knowledge and experience of carers, understands the important part carers have in supporting people with lived experience ·
Is keen and curious to learn, has the ability to know how to source information from various platforms including internet, other agencies has good problem solving, initiative skills ·
Has a good understanding of carers as a population including social and economic aspects, is able to demonstrate an understanding of the challenges they face on a daily basis. ·
Have good organisational, writing, communication skills being able to plan / prioritise work, have good interpersonal skills ·
A caring nature and values of treating people with dignity and respect Warrington Borough Council offer:
· Newly built, comfortable office base with the added element of hybrid working to be able to work from home
· Flexible approach to working arrangements, flexi time
· Above average rate of pay on an incremental scale, with the opportunity of additional training and development
· Easy access to parking and transport routes
· Central location of offices · Supportive, friendly working environment
· An employer is fully aware of duties and responsibilities for employees with disabilities
· Warrington Borough Council rewards scheme which offers opportunities for discounts for employees
· Ongoing supervision and managerial support to ensure your wellbeing within the workplace
· Above average employee benefits including holiday (25 days annually) and sickness entitlements
You can start to make a real difference by joining our organisation that is committed to maintaining standards of excellence and investment in employees.
For an informal chat about the position and working at Warrington Borough Council please contact Team Manager Jackie Mahoney (07880176469) or email Jaqueline.Mahoney@warrington.gov.uk
DBS clearance is required.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
If you are a permanent WBC employee you will need to apply for this fixed term position as an internal secondment opportunity and will need to discuss this with your current line manager prior to applying.
Warrington Borough Council is a Disability Confident employer