Journey First is a holistic employment support service in Cheshire and Warrington. Funded by the European Social Fund (ESF), the Journey First programme provides intensive 1-2-1 support for young people and adults across Cheshire and Warrington. Our dedicated team can help participants to identify their skills and reach their goals, whether that be support with job searches and employment or access to further education or training.
The project will be delivered by Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Warrington Local Authorities.
How does it work?
Journey First offers support through Job Coaches within teams across Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester and Warrington.
The teams assess each participant's needs and focus on a range of solutions to address any problems that prevent progression into training and employment.
Journey First will:
- Provide skills and tailored employment advice
- Offer 1-2-1 wraparound support from your own Job Coach
- Meet employers and find out about different employment paths
- Guide you through the job hunt and help prepare for the workplace
- Identify your skills and goals
- Help you to find opportunities and unlock your potential
- Meet new people
- Help you to become more independent and financially secure
- Feel positive and confident
- Continued support once you have accessed employment
- Continued support including help during crisis
Who is eligible for support?
Journey First supports young people aged 16–24, including cared for children and care leavers, who are not in a job or in any form of training or education, as well as young people with special educational needs.
The project also supports adults aged 18+ who have a range of barriers to employment such as disability, or complex needs including mental health conditions or homelessness.
Referral to the programme
Participants can be identified primarily through support teams and can be referred directly via a number of referral partners. Partners can make direct referrals into each Local Authority project delivery team and individuals can also refer directly via the delivery team.