On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
Music In Schools
Every child, regardless of family income or circumstances, should have an opportunity to play a musical instrument. Our whole class projects are totally inclusive and offer opportunities for all.
- Early Years and Key Stage 1 Music and Movement projects are designed for children between the ages of 4 – 7 and provide a launch pad for musical development; the fun and engaging physical activities supporting their listening and social skills.
- Whole Class Instrumental and Vocal projects allow children to develop their musical skills and knowledge. Specialist SEND and mainstream tutors provide weekly lessons for either one term or a whole year depending on the choice of project. Class teachers and Teaching Assistants are actively encouraged to learn an instrument alongside the students both to enhance the overall musical development of the group and provide invaluable CPD opportunities for school staff.
Music Ambassador Schools
The Music Ambassador School Scheme recognises excellence and innovation in Music Education in schools across Warrington and Halton. All Schools in Warrington and Halton are able to request support from the Music Ambassador Schools to enhance and develop the delivery of Music Education in their schools.
A typical Music Ambassador School will….
- use Music to enrich school life for children and as a tool for learning
- have colleagues who actively support and encourage music making in a curricular and extra-curricular setting
- be prepared to share their expertise and experience with other schools
- host 2 network meetings per year (Autumn and Spring Term)
- be prepared to perform to the wider community in order to promote music making in schools
- support Accent Music Education Hub in its quest to continue to raise the profile of music education standards across Warrington and Halton.
- Barrow Hall Community Primary
- Beechwood Primary School
- Bewsey Lodge Primary School
- Birchwood Church of England Primary School
- Bradshaw Community Primary School
- Brookfield’s School
- Broomfield’s Junior School
- Castle View Primary School
- Cinnamon Brow Church of England Primary School
- Croft Primary School
- Fairfield Primary School
- Fox Wood School and Sixth Form College
- Great Sankey Primary
- Hale Church of England Primary School
- Locking Stumps Community Primary School
- Moore Primary School
- Newchurch Community Primary School
- Oakfield Community Primary School
- Park Road Community Primary School
- Penketh Primary School
- Ravenbank Community Primary School
- Simms Cross Primary School
- St Barnabas Church of England Primary School
- St Basil's Catholic Primary School
- St Bede's Catholic Junior School
- St Benedict's Catholic Primary School
- St Elphin's Church of England Primary School
- St Gerard's Roman Catholic Primary & Nursery School
- St John Fisher Catholic Primary School
- St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
- St Margaret's CE Primary School
- St Michael's Catholic Primary School
- St Monica's Catholic Primary School
- St Peter's Catholic Primary School
- Statham Community Primary School
- Stretton St Matthew's CE Primary School
- Westbrook Old Hall Primary School
- Woolston CE Primary School
- Bridgewater High School
- Great Sankey High School
- Penketh High School
- The Heath School
- University Academy Warrington