Enhance your IT skills
Free digital drop-in sessions are launching to provide support and advice to help people get online.
Warrington Borough Council’s neighbourhood team are running a free digital drop-in session at Whitecross Community Centre, Lexden Street, every Tuesday, 2pm – 4pm, starting Tuesday 23 January.
Sessions are aimed at beginners who will have the opportunity to get help and learn about using a range of digital devices, including, PCs, laptops, tablets, and phones. You are welcome to bring your own devices, or can simply use the onsite computers.
Topics covered in each session are:
- 23 January – introduction to the internet
- 30 January – searching online part 1
- 6 February – keeping safe online
- 13 February – searching online part 2
- 27 February – switch and save (making savings on utility bills)
- 6 March – emails part 1
- 13 March – emails part 2
- 20 March – introduction to iPads
- 27 March – introduction to Facebook
If there is anything else that is not listed that you would like help with please let us know or come along with your queries. The team are here to help anyone in the community who wants to get to grips with new technology but is finding it all a little overwhelming.
For more information, or to book a place on any of the training sessions contact Pauline on 01925 443 098.