Warrington celebrates Care Home Open Day
Care homes across Warrington opened their doors to the public for Care Home Open Day 2018.
Care Home Open Day is an international initiative, which took place on Saturday 21 April, to help create lasting links between care home residents and their local communities.
This year’s theme was ‘linking communities’ and Warrington Borough Council encouraged local people to visit the care homes in their community, many of which celebrated the day with special events. These included:
- Belong Warrington – Loushers Lane, Warrington
- Birch Court – Egerton Street, Howley
- Brampton Lodge – Bridge Lane, Appleton
- Brookfield – Brookfield Road, Lymm
- Callands – Callands Road, Callands
- Cheshire Grange – Booths Hill Road, Lymm
- Gainsborough House – Gainsborough Road, Warrington
- Three Bridges – Nook lane, Thelwall
- Westvale House – Old Hall Road, Old Hall
- Whittle Hall – Littledale Road, Great Sankey
The full programme for the day, including all the activities that took place at each care home can be found online at carehomeopenday.org.uk
Cllr Pat Wright, executive board member for statutory health and adult social care, said: “This was a fantastic way to recognise that care home residents are valued members of our communities. I would encourage everyone to take the time to meet the unique and special people with such rich and diverse life experiences and stories.
“We are all aware of the challenges facing the care sector but in Warrington there are many excellent services on offer and this gave us a chance to appreciate the dedication of care staff who on a day to day basis provide compassionate and personalised care in care homes in Warrington."