New dates added for Leader’s Forums
Residents will be given more opportunities to ask the Council Leader questions about local issues as part of his string of Leader’s Forums.
Cllr Russ Bowden has added another two dates for forum meetings in Orford and Grappenhall and, due to the popularity of the first forum held in Whitecross, the session due to take place in Birchwood on Tuesday 14 May has moved venues to accommodate more residents.
Cllr Bowden said: “The first forum in Whitecross was a real success. We had a lot to talk about – such as fly tipping, transport and housing – and I’m delighted to confirm another two forum meeting dates next month.
“There are some big projects ahead of us this year, not least the Local Plan, and it’s only right that I give residents as much opportunity as possible to meet with me to discuss the issues that matter most to them.
“I’m also pleased to announce that we have changed venue for the Tuesday 14 May meeting in Birchwood to Birchwood Community High School. The larger meeting space we have managed to secure offers even more people the chance to come along and ask questions.
“I look forward to getting out to Culcheth for the next meeting. As with the first forum, I hope we can create a relaxed setting where everyone can feel confident raising questions or concerns and know they will be listened to.”
The revised list of Leader’s Forum meetings is as follows:
• Tuesday 12 March, 6.30pm-8pm – Culcheth Community Campus, Warrington Road, WA3 5HH
• Tuesday 19 March, 6.30pm-8pm – Orford Community Hub, Festival Avenue, WA2 9EP
• Tuesday 2 April, 6.30pm-8pm – Grappenhall Cricket Club, Broad Lane, WA4 3ER
• Tuesday 16 April, 6.30pm-8pm – Lymm Youth and Community Centre, Bridgewater Street, WA13 0AB
• Tuesday 14 May, 6.30pm-8pm – Birchwood Community High School, WA3 7PT
More information about the Leader’s Forums can be found at warrington.gov.uk/leadersforum