On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
Coronavirus update: 31 July 2020
It’s been a busy of day of coronavirus news and updates but this article summarises the highlights (up to date as at 3.45pm, 31 July).
Following an announcement made today, Friday 31 July, some measures to ease restrictions in England which were meant to come into play on 1 August, have been pushed back for at least a fortnight.
- Indoor venues such as casinos and bowling alleys, which were due to reopen, will remain shut
- Indoor theatres and concerts, which were initially planned to reopen with socially distanced audiences, won’t reopen yet
- Some sporting events that were planning to pilot limited numbers of spectators will not go ahead
- Wedding receptions with up to 30 guests can’t yet happen
- You will now have to wear a face covering in museums, galleries, cinemas and places of worship, alongside public transport and shops
Guidance for shielded people and localised lockdown restrictions
There are also significant updates related to people who have been shielding, and for people living in, or visiting, Greater Manchester and parts of Lancashire and Yorkshire.