This is a flexible course, which you can chose to complete via accreditation or non-accredited. If non-accredited, the course can be tailored to the individual’s needs, whatever they might be. The course is largely classroom based with lots of interactive activities and a practical element. The classroom sizes can vary depending on the individuals involved.
The benefit of this course, is to develop the individuals’ confidence and self-esteem through various activities and through the support given on this course. You will develop skills which will support your personal independence and resilience for day to day life. You will be taught important transferable skills which are beneficial for life and work.
If choosing to do this course as an accredited qualification, the examining board is: ASDAN
You can cover the following (Level of course and whether it is accredited dependent);
- Social and personal health and wellbeing
- ICT – the benefits, uses and safety- Risk management
- Making a contribution to the community
- Personal safety and managing risk
- Budgeting and managing money
- Communication skills and working with others