In deciding what personal information to collect, use and hold, we are committed to making sure that we will:
- only collect, hold and use personal information where it is necessary and fair to do so
- keep your personal information secure and safe
- securely delete any personal information when it is no longer needed
- be open with individuals about how we use their information and who we share it with
- adopt and maintain high standards in handling any personal information
We may disclose personal information to any third party involved, but only where it is required by law or allowed under the Data Protection Act. An example of this would be with educational records where we are required to share them with the Department for Education.
Children and young people
We use information about children and young people so that we can carry out specific functions and deliver services which we are obligated to provide such as social care, youth services, health and education. We also use this personal data to collate statistics which help us to make important decisions, e.g. the funding of schools, to assess their performance and to set targets for them. The statistics are used in such a way that individual children can't be identified.