Register Office - Coronavirus update
Changes to register office
To protect our staff and residents, and to direct resources to the most vital services:
- We have closed the Museum Street office and from 6 April, all registration appointments will be conducted over the phone
- For the time being, you will not be able to make an appointment to register a birth, or discuss marriage/civil partnership ceremonies
Registering a death
- Please call Contact Warrington on 01925 443322.
- If you need to register a death caused by COVID-19 please contact the Register Office on 01925 442762 BEFORE you book an appointment
Registering a birth
- You can now wait to make an appointment to register a birth until we are through the current pandemic period
Marriages and civil partnerships
- Notices of Marriage and Civil Partnership will be deferred until we are through the current pandemic period
- Ceremonies may no longer be held in line with the Prime Minister's announcement
- Your wedding notice is valid for 12 months so you can postpone your ceremony
Please note: After exploring all of the options available, and taking guidance from the General Register Office (GRO), we are unable to carry out deathbed marriages/civil partnerships during the current pandemic period.
If you have any further queries about registering a birth or death, marriage/civil partnership notices, or a citizenship question, please email Contact Warrington or call 01925 443322.