If you are planning to open a food business there are a few things you need to bear in mind.
It's best if you have some catering experience or qualifications, and have a documented food safety management system.
You should also consider:
- facilities for cleaning food equipment and hands
- storage space, including refrigeration
- bins and wastes arrangements
- staff facilities
After we receive your application
We will process your application as soon as possible.
You can appeal if:
- you're refused a licence
- you're a licence holder and are unhappy with a condition attached to your licence
- you're unhappy with the decision of a licence review and the withdrawing of a certificate
If a member of the public has a complaint about your licence, we always advise for that person to contact your directly, preferably in the form a letter with proof of delivery. If that has not worked, we advise the person to contact the Citizens Advice Guide, or the UK European Consumer Centre if they’re outside the UK.