On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
Safeguarding and protecting children, young people and adults at risk - Level 2
Length of course: 12 Guided Learning Hours
Exam Board: Qualsafe
By the end of the course, learners will:
- Understand safeguarding and protection responsibilities
- Know legislation, statutory guidance and national policies relevant to safeguarding and protection
- Understand abuse and the indicators of abuse
- Know how to respond to disclosure or suspected abuse
The course will be delivered to include; group activities and independent learning. You will receive support and guidance from your tutor throughout and the course. Learners will compete a multiple choice question paper, showing their overall understanding of safeguarding and protecting children, young people and adults at risk.
You could follow up this course by doing:
- An apprenticeship in Childcare, Public services or health and social care services
- A Level 2 course in an FE college, in Childcare, Public Services or Health and Social care.
Jobs you could apply for include but are not limited to:
- Care Worker
- PCSO (Working for the Police Force)
- Nursery Practitioner
- Youth Worker
- Residential support worker
- Midday Assistant
Get in touch