Warrington Safeguarding Partnership is exploring a dynamic training offer that reflects the learning needs identified each year. We will post training information via the online booking system.
You can book on training and see what’s available at http://www.warringtonsafeguarding.org/
PLEASE NOTE THAT MOST TRAINING COURSES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED TEMPORARILY IN LIGHT OF CURRENT GOVERNMENT MEASURES TO ENSURE SOCIAL DISTANCING. THIS IS BEING REVIEWED ON AN ONGOING BASIS AND EFFORTS ARE BEING MADE TO ADAPT TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED ON A VIRTUAL PLATFORM
On this page you can access a wide range of free or low cost e-learning and resources designed to support work to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults.
On completion of a course, practitioners should notify their agency training representative to ensure that e-learning is captured on their training record.
Please note: Warrington Safeguarding Partnership/Warrington Safeguarding Adults Board is not responsible for the content of external websites.
- #LiveSkills resources focusing on live streaming risks to children
- Attachment in children & young people adopted from care – NICE
- Awareness of Forced Marriage - a free course from Virtual College
- Brook Learn e-learning website - (includes consent, sexual behaviours & CSE)
- Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE) you need to sign up to access the resource pack
- Child Neglect e-learning - Social Care Institute of Excellence (cost incurred)
- Child neglect - Training resources from the Department of Education
- Child Sexual Abuse 'Seen & heard' - how to recognise Sexual abuse.
- Child Sexual Exploitation for health practitioners
- Child Sexual Exploitation for parents - Virtual College
- Prevent Online Awareness course - Home Office have provided this e learning course which covers awareness of the Prevent duty.
- NCALT Channel e-learning course - NCALT have produced a Channel e learning course which will allow you can recognise the signs of radicalisation and know what to do about it.
- Modern Slavery - An overview from the Salvation Army
- Child Sexual Exploitation - Parents Against Child Sexual Exploitation (Pace) and the Safeguarding Children e-Academy have teamed up to provide this short (20-30mins) online course
- Children’s rights training resource (includes introduction to child development and communication) - Coram International
- Counter Terrorism Awareness - Counter Terrorism Policing
- Dementia Awareness - Social Care Institute for Excellence
- Disability Basics - Disability Matters
- Domestic abuse / toxic trio - AVA Project
- Domestic homicide review training front line practitioners - Home Office
- Female Genital Mutilation Home Office
- Foster caring - British Red Cross
- Forced marriage - Virtual College
- 'In Your Hands - Safeguarding Child Victims of Trafficking' – ECPAT
- Introduction to cyber security: stay safe online - Open Learn
- Introduction to Prevent for schools - Home Office
- Introduction to Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES)
- Keeping Children Safe Online - NSPCC resource (£35 registration cost)
- Parental Substance Misuse - Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE)
- Prevent responsibilities in further education and training - Education and Training Foundation
- Safeguarding Adults - Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) (cost incurred)
- Safeguarding Matters: Disabled Children - Disability Matters
- Understanding Animal Welfare in Violent Homes - "When animals are abused, people are at risk - Virtual College
- Understanding Attachment Theory IRISS
- Understanding children: Babies being heard- Open Learn
Child and adolescent mental health - MindEd E learning:
- Self Harm & Risky Behaviour
- Bullying & the impact on the child
- Introducing Child Development
- Flashbacks, Trauma & Bullying
The Open University offers free online courses on their website www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses on a range of subjects, including:
- Introduction to cyber security
- Learning to teach: become a reflective practitioner
- Working in the voluntary sector
- Introduction to child psychology
Future Learn offers a diverse selection of free courses from leading universities and cultural institutions around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life. Find out more on their website www.futurelearn.com – some examples of recent courses: