On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
Grass verges and grass cutting
We cut grass in our parks, open spaces and verges during the growing season, normally from April to October.
- All grass is cut to a schedule
- In some areas grass will be cut less often for example low use areas in parks
- Football pitches, bowling greens and play areas will be maintained to a standard to facilitate use for recreation and healthy living
- There will be some grassed areas, for example verges into Warrington Town Centre which will have wildflower planting and bulb planting to improve the appearance of the Borough
To report overgrown grass please use the online form and tell us:
- The location of the grass plot
- The nature of the problem e.g. Is it causing an obstruction