The government's guidance for everyone is:
This means you must:
- stay in your local area as much as possible
- work from home if you can
- limit contact with other people
- keep your distance if you go out (two metres apart where possible)
- wear a face covering
- wash your hands regularly
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
When you do leave home, you should stay at least two metres (six feet) away from other people, wear a face covering, and wash your hands, with soap and water, as soon as you return home.
You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
Everyone must adhere to the current national restrictions. The relevant authorities, including the police, have been given the powers to enforce them – including through fines and dispersing gatherings.