Following the council’s climate emergency declaration, we established our Climate Emergency Commission, a group of environmental, business, political and community leaders, to be at the forefront of action to reduce carbon emissions in Warrington.
In 2019, we also recently published plans through the Green Energy Strategy, which contain the council’s ambitions to:
It sets out the council’s ambitions to:
- Reduce fuel poverty in Warrington
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Improve security of energy supply
- Create opportunities for regeneration and economic growth, becoming a centre of excellence for the green agenda
- Achieve sustainability in the council’s operations
- Generate income to fund investments
But it’s not just about one commission, or one group, or one strategy document – it’s about everyone in Warrington getting involved. There are so many examples of the actions that people and organisations are already taking, and there are a series of steps – big and small – that we can all take to reduce our own carbon footprints and play our part in combatting the climate emergency.