You must tell us if you use a cooling tower or evaporative condenser on your business premises.

If after this you make any changes in your use of these devices, you must write to us within one month of the changes being made.

How to apply

You will need to make a new application if you need to transfer or change your licence.

There are no terms and conditions available for this licence. Any further information is contained within the application. 

You can complete an online application to notify us of a cooling tower on the GOV.UK website.

Fees and charges

There are no fees for this type of application.

Legislation and guidance

You can view the relevant legislation and guidance on the website.


If a member of the public has a complaint about your licence, we always advise for that person to contact you directly, preferably in the form a letter, with proof of delivery. If this does not work, we advise the person to contact the Citizens Advice Guide, or the UK European Consumer Centre if they’re outside the UK.


Tel: 01925 984728