Owners and/or managers of residential park home sites which operate on a commercial basis must apply for inclusion in the fit and proper person register. This is to comply with The Mobile Homes (Requirement for Manager of Site to be Fit and Proper Person) (England) Regulations 2020.
The purpose of the fit and proper person test is to improve the standards of park home site management.
The application cost can be found above in Appendix B Fees
Who should apply?
This rule applies to residential park home sites which operate on a commercial basis, where units are sold or rented to residents.
Park home sites which are only occupied by the site owner or members of the site owner’s family do not need to apply.
The fit and proper person must be the person with day-to-day responsibility for managing a site. This could be the site owner, or a person appointed to undertake the task on the owner’s behalf. The applicant should be the site owner and licence holder.
If the site owner is a company or a corporate body, the application form must be completed by an appropriate person. The appropriate person could be:
- a director or other officer of the company
- a partner, where the site owner is a partnership
- a member of the management committee
Prepare your application
The applicant must show that there are suitable financial and management arrangements in place for the site and provide information about:
- Offences relating to fraud, dishonesty, violence, arson or drugs or listed in schedule 3 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
- Contraventions of law in relation to: housing, caravan sites, mobile homes, public health, planning or environmental health or landlord and tenant law.
- Contraventions of law in relation to the Equality Act 2010, or in connection with the carrying out of any business.
- Harassment of any person in connection with the carrying out of any business.
- Insolvency within the last 10 years.
- Disqualification from acting as a company director within the last 10 years.
- Right to work in the UK
The applicant will need to provide a basic DBS certificate dated no more than 6 months before the date of the application. The DBS certificate must be from an approved supplier.
You can arrange a DBS check using the Government website.
How to apply
You must submit an application and pay the required fee to the Council to be assessed as a Fit and Proper Person”
The application must be completed in line with the Warrington Councils Determination Policy
A PDF of the application form is available on request from private sector licensing or 01925 248482.