You need a club premises certificate to be able to supply alcohol and regulated entertainment.
Who can apply?
You must be a qualifying club.
To get a certificate, your club must make sure that:
- new members wait at least two days from their application to get membership benefits
- membership is established and conducted in good faith
- your club has at least 25 members
- alcohol is only supplied to members on the premises on behalf of or by the club
There are additional conditions attached to the supply of alcohol:
- only club members who are over 18 can be nominated to buy or serve alcohol
- there must be no arrangements for anyone to receive a financial benefit from buying or selling alcohol
Registered industrial, provident societies and friendly societies will qualify if alcohol is bought and sold by the club under the control of the members or a committee of members.