If you'd like advice regarding a consumer problem, contact Citizens Advice. 

  • Call the consumer helpline, Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm - 0808 223 1133 (Welsh speaking 0808 223 1144)
  • Fill in the consumer query form
  • Visit the Citizens Advice website for information on the types of consumer matters they deal with

Buying goods in Europe 

The UK European Consumer Centre (UK ECC) can provide you with advice and information when shopping within the Internal Market of Europe. 

For free consumer advice call 01268 88690 or visit ukecc.net

Complain to an ombudsman 

An ombudsman is a person who investigates complaints about organisations for free. You can use an ombudsman to resolve a complaint without going to court.

As there are different ombudsmen for different industries use the Ombudsman Association to find the right ombudsman for your complaint.

Use an ombudsman service to complain about:

Money advice

You can get free, independent help from the Money Advice Service about anything to do with money, i.e. managing debt. 

Citizens Advice have guidance on taking a small claim to court.

Business advice

Your first point of contact is Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133 

Primary authority

Primary Authority enables businesses to form a legal partnership with one local authority, which then provides assured advice on complying with environmental health, trading standards or fire safety regulations that other local regulators must respect. If you want to enquire about Primary Authority, email tradingstandards@warrington.gov.uk


The Business Companion website enables you to create a tailor-made information pack depending on your business type. 

Public weighbridge

There are currently no public weighbridges in Warrington.