On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
The Cultural Framework 2020-2025 highlights ambitions to make Warrington’s cultural scene vibrant, thriving, diverse and – importantly – inclusive, so that everyone can reap the benefits of having access to high-quality cultural activities across the borough.
The new framework sets the vision for a varied cultural programme that aims to excite, engage and inspire. The six key goals in the framework are:
- To develop a place-making strategy, which creates a cultural brand for Warrington and highlights the centrality of arts and culture to the borough as a whole, to individual communities within it and to the town centre.
- For Warrington to be a welcoming place for cultural practitioners to experiment, create, collaborate, champion and lead our cultural growth and to produce the highest quality offering for Warrington and beyond.
- For Warrington to be an incubator for talent, providing opportunities for professional support and learning.
- To promote and recognise the connections between creative and cultural activity, and how a strong creative and cultural scene can support improved social, health and wellbeing outcomes.
- To harness creative technology and digital platforms, to support Warrington’s buoyant economy and shape the town’s arts and culture to be more accessible, dynamic and diverse.
- To commit to developing our existing assets into attractive, thriving venues which make a valuable and recognisable contribution to Warrington the place.