You may need to contact the council and use services differently as part of our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please visit our Coronavirus in Warrington pages to find out which services are affected.
The Cultural Framework 2020-2025 highlights ambitions to make Warrington’s cultural scene vibrant, thriving, diverse and – importantly – inclusive, so that everyone can reap the benefits of having access to high-quality cultural activities across the borough.
The new framework sets the vision for a varied cultural programme that aims to excite, engage and inspire. The six key goals in the framework are:
- To develop a place-making strategy, which creates a cultural brand for Warrington and highlights the centrality of arts and culture to the borough as a whole, to individual communities within it and to the town centre.
- For Warrington to be a welcoming place for cultural practitioners to experiment, create, collaborate, champion and lead our cultural growth and to produce the highest quality offering for Warrington and beyond.
- For Warrington to be an incubator for talent, providing opportunities for professional support and learning.
- To promote and recognise the connections between creative and cultural activity, and how a strong creative and cultural scene can support improved social, health and wellbeing outcomes.
- To harness creative technology and digital platforms, to support Warrington’s buoyant economy and shape the town’s arts and culture to be more accessible, dynamic and diverse.
- To commit to developing our existing assets into attractive, thriving venues which make a valuable and recognisable contribution to Warrington the place.