Heritage Open Days
Heritage Open Days is all about celebrating community and local stories, which feels more important than ever. The festival will go ahead as a combination of online events and any in-person opportunities possible within government guidelines at the time of the festival. Warrington communities will be able to celebrate local stories from the comfort of their own homes, or discover some hidden local gems in person whilst maintaining current social distancing measures.
https://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/visiting/printable-area-lists/laa/Warrington for further information
Lymm Heritage Centre
Reopening and relaunch of the centre post-Covid with many exciting new exhibits and features including:
- A reconstruction of 3 Lymm Edwardian shop windows, filled with items from the period;
- A viewing kiosk for the newly updated Lymm Archive, including a Lockdown Gallery;
- The Time Traveller’s Handbook – a guided walk around Lymm within a book, including mini-movies to take you back in time as you walk around Lymm, a collection of stories and a quiz;
- A Brazil 66 exhibit celebrating the visit of Brazil and Pele to Lymm for World Cup in 1966;
- "The Lymm Story" - using the themes of Trades, Transport and Traditions;
- A new Lymm Heritage Gift Shop.
Open during normal opening hours - Thursday to Sunday, 1-5pm.
Webpage - lymmhic.co.uk
Facebook page - facebook.com/lymmheritage