We cut grass in our parks, open spaces and verges during the growing season, normally from April to October.
- We cut all grass to a schedule.
- Areas of grass which are not often used will be cut less often. For example some areas in parks.
- Football pitches, bowling greens and play areas will be maintained so they can be used for recreation and healthy living.
- We have wildflower and bulb planting in some grass verges to improve the appearance of the Borough. Some of these can be seen in the town centre.
- We can only cut grass or weeds in places we can legally access.
Reporting overgrown grass
You can report overgrown grass online, we need to know:
- The location of the grass or weeds.
- Why it is a problem. For example, is it causing an obstruction?