Eating a healthy, balanced diet is an important part of maintaining good health and can help you feel your best. This means eating a wide variety of foods in the right proportions, and consuming the right amount of food and drink to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
Eating a healthy and balanced diet can help you to:
- keep your energy levels up
- look after your mental wellbeing
- keep your immune system healthy
- maintain a healthy weight
- reduce your risk of health conditions such as stroke, diabetes, and some types of cancer
- look after your heart health
- keep your bones and joints strong
- may help you to sleep better
The exact make-up of a healthy diet can vary depending on a variety of factors, such as age and lifestyle, however the basics principles of a healthy diet remain the same.