If you want to organise a house to house collection for a charity in Warrington, you’ll need a permit/licence from us.

Who can apply?

Anyone over the age of 18 who will be collecting on behalf of a registered charity.

Here’s our policy on house to house collections:

  • you’re allowed a maximum of two weeks of collections per year per charity
  • you should complete expenditure returns form one month after date of collection
  • you can only make one application per collection
How to apply

You should apply at least 28 days before the day of your collection. This gives us time to consider your application. 

You can apply for any area in Warrington.


Fees and charges

There are no fees for this type of licence.

After we receive your application

We aim to process your application as soon as possible. If you have not heard from us within 28 days of your application, you can assume that your application has been granted.


Please contact us in the first instance. However if you can’t reach a satisfactory outcome you must appeal within 14 days of the refusal.


If a member of the public has a complaint about your licence, we always advise for that person to contact you directly, preferably in the form a letter with proof of delivery.

If that hasn’t worked, we advise the person to contact the Citizens Advice Guide, or the UK European Consumer Centre if they’re outside the UK.

Any person objecting to an application for the grant, renewal or transfer of a licence may give written notice of their objection to the council, stating the grounds of the objection, within 28 days of the date of the application. Please email licensingcomplaints@warrington.gov.uk