Household Support Fund – 2023/24
The government has announced a further extension to the Household Support Fund, to cover the period from 1 March 2023 to 31 March 2024.
The funding is an extension of the Household Support Fund and has been allocated by the Department for Work and Pensions to Warrington BC, who will then use it to support those in need from three specific groups.
- Parents with children
- Those individuals on the lowest of incomes
- Pensioners within our community
In line with the government’s advice, the eligibility for Warrington’s Household Support Fund will be:
- Parents whose children are in receipt of free school meals and are claiming a qualifying benefit
- Individuals in receipt of Council Tax Support or Housing Benefit (in the current financial year)
- Pensioners in receipt of either:
- Pension Credit (Savings Credit or Guarantee Credit)
- Council Tax Support or Housing Benefit
When will the awards be made?
We will make the first award to cover the Easter holidays and the second payment in late May 2023. Further payments are provisionally scheduled for:
- Summer Holiday 2023 (beginning of school holidays)
- Summer Holiday 2023 (end of school holidays)
- October 2023 (half-term holiday)
- Christmas 2023
- February 2024 (half-term holiday)
- Easter 2024
How to apply
New applicants (who have not previously received Household Support Fund payments) who successfully apply using the online application form, will receive their payments as outlined above.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.