Household support fund (HSF) – 2024/25

The government has announced a further extension to the Household Support Fund, to cover the period from 1 April 2024 to 30 September 2024.

HSF 2024 has been announced in the recent budget, it is expected to be a continuation of the most recent scheme and that it will last 6 months. We will confirm payment amounts and frequency when we know them.

The funding is an extension of the Household Support Fund and has been allocated by the Department for Work and Pensions to Warrington Borough Council, who will use it to support those in need from three specific groups.  

  1. Parents with children
  2. Those individuals on the lowest of incomes
  3. Pensioners within our community

In line with the government’s advice, the eligibility for Warrington’s Household Support Fund will be:

  • Parents whose children are in receipt of free school meals and are claiming a qualifying benefit
  • Individuals in receipt of Council Tax Support or Housing Benefit (in the current financial year)
  • Pensioners in receipt of either:
    • Pension Credit (Savings Credit or Guarantee Credit)
    • Council Tax Support or Housing Benefit

The government has asked us to particularly encourage carers and disabled residents who meet the eligibility criteria, and who have been affected by the increases to the cost of living, to apply.

Previous recipients of household support fund

If you received Household Support Fund previously, you will not need to apply for Household Support Fund 2024/25, you will automatically be included in the fund and will receive your payments.

When will the awards be made?

Payments are provisionally scheduled for:

  1. Late May 2024 - £30 per eligible recipient
  2. Late July 2024 - £30 per eligible recipient
  3. Late August 2024 - £30 per eligible recipient

We will pay a minimum of £90 per eligible recipient, over the 6 month window of Household Support Fund 2024/25. These payments are not a loan, you will never be asked to repay them, and they do not affect your eligibility for any other benefit you may receive.

You can choose to receive your payments directly into your bank account (by BACS transfer) or you can choose to receive your payments electronically or paper vouchers (which we send to you either by email or post - you go to the Post Office to redeem those vouchers).

How to apply

If you have any questions, email