Household Support Fund - Winter 2022
The Government have announced an extension to the Household Support Fund, to cover the period from 1 October 2022 to 31 March 2023.
The Household Support Fund has been introduced by the Government, to support the most in need of our residents across 3 specific sectors of society;
- Parents with children
- Those individuals on the lowest of incomes
- Pensioners within our community
In line with the Government’s advice, the eligibility for Warrington’s Household Support Fund will be;
- Parents whose children are in receipt of free school meals and are claiming a qualifying benefit
- Individuals in receipt of Council Tax Support or Housing Benefit (in the current financial year)
- Pensioners in receipt of either;
- Pension Credit (Savings Credit or Guarantee Credit)
- Council Tax Support or Housing Benefit
When will the awards be made?
We have made the first award to cover the October School Half-Term holidays. We anticipate making at least 2 further payments - the next at Christmas 2022 and the third payment in the middle of February 2023 (timed around the School Half-Term holiday).
How to apply
New applicants (who have not previously received Household Support Fund payments) who successfully apply using the Application Form, will receive the payment for the October 2022 School Half Term holiday - and will then receive further payments in December 2022 and February 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org