Proposed Submission Version Local Plan
Warrington’s Proposed Submission Version Local Plan (draft Local Plan) has now been published ahead of consideration by Executive Board and Full Council. Once adopted, the Local Plan will shape, guide and influence how the Borough develops over the next 20 years. It’s a hugely important vision for Warrington now and in the future. We want to make sure everyone has the chance to read and understand the Plan, so they can share their views.
We’ll be carrying out a comprehensive period of public consultation starting in April, so that all views can be taken on board. Everyone will have the opportunity to have their say once the consultation begins.
Full details of the Local Plan consultation, copies of all background information and details on how to respond will be published on this page in advance of the start of consultation. In the meantime, the draft Local Plan can be viewed on our website in the agenda pack for the Executive Board meeting
Background Papers are available at the link below and for inspection at the Council’s New Town House Office. Alternatively contact the Planning Policy Team at email@example.com.
A summary of the Local Plan
- 4 March - Draft Local Plan submitted to the Council's Executive Board
- 11 March - Executive Board asked to recommend draft Local Plan is approved for consultation
- 25 March - Full Council vote to approve Plan for public consultation
- April – Public consultation to begin, pending Full Council decision
The headline figures
- 18,900 new homes by 2037
- Almost 90% of Warrington’s Green Belt will remain preserved
- 362 hectares of employment land
- 20% affordable housing stock to be developed in inner Warrington
- 30% affordable housing stock developed elsewhere in the Borough
- 1/5 homes will be built for elderly residents