Local plan 2019
Draft Local Plan Consultation
***This consultation is now closed***
Our Proposed Submission Version Local Plan (draft Local Plan) was approved for consultation by Full Council on 25 March 2019. Consultation on the draft Local Plan will run for a 9 week period from Monday 15 April until 5pm on Monday 17 June 2019.
Once this has been adopted, the Local Plan will shape, guide and influence how Warrington develops over the next 20 years. It’s a hugely important vision for our Borough, both now and for the future.
We want to ensure that you get the chance to read and understand the draft Local Plan and share your views on our proposals.
The Proposed Submission Version Local Plan, supporting evidence base and full details on how to respond are available below. Documents are also available for inspection at New Town House Office, Buttermarket Street. Alternatively you can email the Planning Policy Team.
A summary of the Local Plan
The headline figures
- 18,900 new homes by 2037
- Almost 90% of Warrington’s Green Belt will remain preserved
- 362 hectares of employment land
- 20% affordable housing stock to be developed in inner Warrington
- 30% affordable housing stock developed elsewhere in the Borough
- 1/5 homes will be built for elderly residents