The day of Her Majesty The Queen’s funeral, Monday 19 September, is also a bank holiday.
In line with normal bank holidays, many of our services will close for the day. This includes but is not limited to:
- the customer contact centre at 1 Time Square (and phone lines for routine enquiries will be closed);
- all community recycling centres;
- the registrars service;
- most community centres (except for some specific commissioned services);
- Warrington Market;
- all LiveWire leisure sites, libraries and venues;
- children’s centres, schools and other educational and early years settings; and
- the majority of office-based departments and services.
The Town Hall will also close on Monday. The book of condolence, based at the Town Hall, will be available to sign on Tuesday 20 September, 9am-4.30pm.
There will be a number of essential, front line services that will continue either a full or reduced service, such as some social care departments (across both adults and children’s services) and bereavement services. Bus services will also be operating a normal bank holiday service.
You can still report or apply for a number of services online via the council website. In the case of there being immediate danger to the public or property which requires urgent attention, please call 01925 443322. The customer contact centre will reopen as normal on Tuesday 20 September. Contact information can be found at warrington.gov.uk/ContactUs