As part of the upgrade to the new CYCLOPS junction at Bewsey Road and Lovely Lane, we will be resurfacing the roads from next week.
The work includes the approach roads of Lovely Lane / Lodge Lane / Folly Lane / Bewsey Road. To carry out this work we will need to close the junction to traffic on certain nights between the hours of 7pm and 11pm. All work that needs heavy machinery will be carried out from 7pm to limit the noise during the evening.
- Monday 30 October to Wednesday 1 November 2023 - Full closure of the junction from 7pm to 11pm
Lovely Lane diversion – Via Sankey Green Roundabout, Priestley Street, Froghall Lane, Midland Way, Cockhedge Green, Lythgoes Lane, Winwick Road, Kerfoot Street, Folly Lane, and vice -versa.
Lodge Lane diversion – Via Lilford Avenue, Longshaw Street, Folly Lane and vice-versa
Folly Lane diversion – Via Kerfoot Street, Winwick Road, Lythgoes Lane, Cockhedge Green, Midland Way, Froghall Lane, Priestley Street, Sankey Green Roundabout, Lovely Lane and vice-versa
- Bewsey Road diverison – Via Tanners Lane, Pinners Brow, Lythgoes Lane, Winwick Road, Kerfoot Street, Folly Lane and vice-versa
- Thursday 2 November to Friday 3 November 2023 - Closure of Bewsey Road and Lodge Lane with Lovely Lane and Folly Lane open to traffic via signals.
‘Cycle Optimised Protected Signals junction.’ Commonly known as ‘CYCLOPS’, this type of junction separates people walking, cycling and wheeling from vehicles, reducing the risk of collisions or conflict between users.
CYCLOPS junctions have a number of benefits over other junction layouts, including:
- Crossing times for people walking are shorter and closer to the preferred route
- Cyclists are separated from motor vehicles and from pedestrians
- The signal phase for people walking and cycling can run at the same time
- The overall junction performance for all modes of travel is optimised