Scheduled Maintenance: My Warrington (my.warrington.gov.uk) may be unavailable for a short time on 29 February 2020, between 11am to 12pm for scheduled maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPOs)
Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPO) in force
Breach of any of the current PSPO are considered as an offence and will incur either a Fixed Penalty Notice of £100 or a fine on prosecution in court of no greater than £1000.
There are currently 2 orders in place in Warrington
- Warrington Borough – Alcohol
- Warrington Town Centre – Intoxicating Substances
We're in the process of adding the orders to our website in an accessible format. If you need to see the orders before they are uploaded please contact the Community Safety & Resilience Team.
Breaching of a PSPO is an offence which can be dealt with through prosecution or by the issues of a fixed penalty notice.
Before making a PSPO, the Council must be satisfied on reasonable grounds that two conditions are met.
The first condition is that:
- activities carried out in a public place within the authority’s area have had a detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the locality
- it is likely that activities will be carried on in a public place within that area and that they will have such an effect
The second condition is that the effect. Or the likely effect of the activities:
- is, or is likely to be, of a persistent or continuing nature
- is, or is likely to be, such as to make the activities unreasonable
- justifies the restrictions imposed by the order
If you require any further information in relation to public space protection orders, please use the contact details below:
Community Safety & Resilience Team
Warrington Borough Council
New Town House